From chef and online baking star Gemma Stafford, you can get more than 100 accessible, flavor-packed recipes that anyone can make—anytime, anywhere—in her very first baking cookbook.
Gemma Stafford—chef and host of the top online baking show Bigger Bolder Baking—has worked as a pastry chef at a monastery in Ireland, a Silicon Valley tech startup, and a Michelin-starred restaurant in San Francisco, and now brings her incredible desserts to life every week for millions of viewers via YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and her popular website, BiggerBolderBaking.com. Gemma hopes to restore baking as an everyday art, and this dessert cookbook is your guide.
BAKE WITH CONFIDENCE
• 100+ sweet and simple dessert recipes for maximum deliciousness with minimal effort
• Use just a few common ingredients and basic kitchen tools for bold twists on cakes, cookies, pies, ice cream, and more
• Every recipe has gorgeous color photography and step-by-step instructions that anyone can follow with ease
• An approach unique among baking cookbooks, the chapters are organized by the basic tools you’ll need—such as Wooden Spoon & Bowl, Rolling Pin, or No Oven Needed—so you can choose the recipes that are most convenient for you during any spur-of-the-moment craving
BOLD NEW RECIPES & CLASSICS
• Surefire hits include Chocolate Lava Pie, Baked Cinnamon-Sugar Churros, Gemma’s Best-Ever Chocolate Chip Cookies, “In Case of Emergency” One-Minute Mug Brownie, Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake Ice Cream, and many more
• BONUS: A chapter on Bold Baking Basics includes essential techniques, tips, and in-a-pinch substitutions so you can whip up Gemma’s irresistible desserts with confidence
Stafford, host of the YouTube baking show Bigger Bolder Baking, delivers a fun, accessible collection of more than 100 recipes in her debut cookbook. With most recipes requiring fewer than 10 ingredients and only a few simple baking tools, Stafford proves that baking can be "an everyday art" instead of "a weekend-only indulgence." The chapters are conveniently organized by kitchen tool type, such as "Wooden Spoon & Bowl," "Rolling Pin," and "No Oven Needed," so readers can choose recipes based on their comfort level. Instructions are written in a clear, straightforward manner, with accompanying tips, like how to repurpose devil's food cupcake batter for a cake and how to caramelize cr me br l e without a kitchen torch (use the broiler). Some of the more noteworthy recipes include her popular red velvet pancakes with cream cheese frosting, baked cinnamon-sugar churros, and no-bake Oreo cheesecake. Stafford generously devotes a concluding chapter to instructing how to create DIY baking ingredients, such as self-rising flour and brown sugar. This book will be sure to build confidence in the most novice of bakers, while more experienced bakers will appreciate the solid collection of classic desserts.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Gemma always stands by her words! I’ve tried so many of her recipes on biggerbolderbaking.com. This book has so many more new recipes filled with love and a kindest heart!
Amazing cook book
Love this book. You can not go wrong with this book. It is easy to follow . 💗
Love Gemma’s Recipes
I just downloaded my copy and can’t wait to try a few recipes. It is easy to read and the recipes sound tasty. Hopefully I can get my convection oven to co-operate so I can enjoy these Gemma Gems!!