The third installment in the mesmerizing series from the irrepressible, #1 NEW YORK TIMES bestselling author Maggie Stiefvater.
Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.
The trick with found things, though, is how easily they can be lost.
Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.
In a starred review, THE BULLETIN called THE DREAM THIEVES, the previous book in The Raven Cycle, "a complex web of magical intrigue and heart-stopping action." Now, with BLUE LILY, LILY BLUE, the web becomes even more complex, snaring readers at every turn.
Praise for THE DREAM THIEVES:
* "Richly written and filled with figurative language . . . this story of secrets and dreams, of brothers and of all-too-real magic is an absolute marvel of imagination and an irresistible invitation to wonder." -- BOOKLIST, starred review
* "Mind-blowingly spectacular . . . Stiefvater's careful exploration of class and wealth and their limitations and opportunities astounds with its sensitivity and sophistication. The pace is electric, the prose marvelously sure-footed and strong, but it's the complicated characters . . . that meld magic and reality into an engrossing, believable whole." -- KIRKUS REVIEWS, starred review
* "A paranormal thriller . . . this installment [is] more tense and foreboding than its predecessor -- and every bit as gripping." -- PUBLISHERS WEEKLY, starred review
* "A complex web of magical intrigue and heartstopping action." -- THE BULLETIN, starred review
* "Readers who want a moody chill and appreciate an atmospheric turn of phrase will want to spend more time in Henrietta." -- SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL, starred review
Praise for THE RAVEN BOYS:
"Stiefvater is a master storyteller." -- USA TODAY
"A dizzying paranormal romance tinged with murder and Welsh mythology." -- THE LOS ANGELES TIMES
* "Simultaneously complex and simple, compulsively readable, marvelously wrought." -- KIRKUS REVIEWS, starred review
* "A tour de force . . . such a memorable read." -- PUBLISHERS WEEKLY, starred review
* "One unexpected and wonderful surprise after another . . . a marvel of imagination." -- BOOKLIST, starred review
* "THE RAVEN BOYS is an incredibly rich and unique tale, a supernatural thriller of a different flavor. . . . Fans have been salivating for Stiefvater's next release and THE RAVEN BOYS delivers." -- SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL, starred review
"Equal parts thriller and mystery, with a measured dash of romance sprinkled on top . . . Maggie has woven such a unique, intriguing narrative that I struggled for comparisons." -- MTV.com
A PUBLISHERS WEEKLY Best Book of the Year
THE BULLETIN OF THE CENTER FOR CHILDREN'S BOOKS 2012 Blue Ribbons list
Tension escalates in Henrietta, Va. (as does the body count), in the third of four titles in Stiefvater's Raven Cycle, following The Raven Boys and The Dream Thieves. Gansey's elderly British mentor, Malory, is just one of the new arrivals in town (he's certainly among the more benevolent) as Gansey, Blue, Adam, Ronan, and Noah continue to seek out the tomb of the ancient Welsh king Glendower. Adam and Blue are growing into their respective supernatural abilities, and while important discoveries are unearthed (literally) as the group's search takes them into treacherous caves, the teenagers' complicated relationships with their parents and family whether living, dead, or mysteriously vanished play a large role in pushing this story forward. As in the previous books, Stiefvater's razor-sharp characterizations, drily witty dialogue, and knack for unexpected metaphors and turns of phrase make for sumptuous, thrilling reading. Curses, grisly secret plots, and romantic uncertainties leave Blue and company's future feeling more fragile than ever. A brutal cliffhanger ensures that readers will snap up the final installment the second it's available. Ages 14 up.
Customer ReviewsSee All
WONDERFUL, UNPUTDOWNABLE, 100% RECOMMEND
I stayed up till 2, 3, and 4 in the morning (respectively) three consecutive nights in a row because I couldn't put this series down. The characters are so real, the mysteries so thrilling, the magic so exciting, and thee writing so beautiful, The Raven Cycle is a must-read.
Only a few more days!!!!
*Grows gray beard*
*in afterlife*still waiting
Keeps you anticipating...
I am sure Maggie Stiefvater knows magic... She leaves you wanting for more at the end of every book... Blue Lily,Blue Lily doesn't disappoint... It has a lot twists and turns and you'll be lost in the plot for hours.. Can't wait for the fourth installment in this series :)