Virtually build any LEGO creation you can imagine—with any LEGO part ever made!
This fun guide shows how to create just about anything from virtual LEGO blocks using free software. Learn how to install and customize LEGO Digital Designer, navigate the user interface, and get started on your own projects. LDraw and Mecabricks are also clearly explained. Building with Virtual LEGO: Getting Started with LEGO Digital Designer, LDraw, and Mecabricks features DIY projects that illustrate each technique and software tool. You will see how to upload and share your creations online—even modify projects that others have built!
Find out how to:
• Download, set up, and configure LEGO Digital Designer
• Navigate the LDD user interface, menus, and tools
• Identify the different Lego parts and explore brick palettes
• Quickly and easily start creating your own LEGO models
• Access the huge library of out-of-print LEGO bricks in LDraw, including those designed by hobbyists
• Get up and running on Mecabricks and launch creative projects online
• Write clear instructions and share them with other virtual LEGO enthusiasts
• Create custom bricks and participate in the LDraw parts design process