Building a successful and fulfilling career relies on one thing...
Having a career plan.
Careers don't just happen. Carers are designed, developed and executed.
I have had what most people would call a successful career. I was promoted 10 times in 15 years, grew from an individual contributor to a VP-level executive and was able to work for companies like Microsoft and Google. I consistently increased my salary, gained more responsibility and saw my work make a real impact on the company's bottom line.
None of these happened by mistake. I planned my career and meticulously followed through in order to achieve my goals, and you can do the same. You don't need to wait for a company, a manager or karma to get the role, the raise or the promotion you want and deserve. You can build the career of your dreams right now!
Most people don't have a career plan. They go to work, they do their 9 to 5 and hope for the best. They hope their manager will notice their hard work, they hope that the company will decide to offer them a raise, they hope they'll get the promotion they have been yearning for just because it's their turn...
Let me tell you a secret, hope is not the best strategy for growing your career.
Why settle for maybe or one day when you have the ability to design the career you want right now?
You have the power to design the career of your dreams, but only if you are intentional about it.
If you want to see results, then you need a career destination, and an actionable plan that can help you get from where you are today to where you want to go.
You can get the job, the promotion and the raise you want and deserve if you are willing to put in the work and own your journey.
What you'll learn in this book
- How to find your career destination and define out your next career move
- How to identify the requirements for your dream job (the ideal candidate profile)
- How to identify the gap between where you are today and where you want to go
- How to create opportunities to gain skills and experience in and out of the workplace
- How to design an actionable career roadmap so you can follow your career path
- How to stay committed and accountable to your career development plan
- Strategies to accelerate your career development and deliver staggering results (how to 38x your career development)
And much, much more...
Who is this book for
- Young professionals
- Students and graduates
- Ambitious individuals who want to build a fulfilling career
- Employees who feel stuck in a rut and want to grow their career exponentially
- Career changers
Additional resources included in Career Development: The surprisingly easy formula for getting the job, raise or promotion you want and deserve!
- Career plan toolkit
- Career development tracker
- Maya's top career advice
Download Career Development Today - And Start Seeing Results
Whether you're searching for your first job, were recently laid off, or are dreaming of a career change, Career Development will guide you toward a fulfilling and engaging career.
I'll see you on the inside!