With knowledge and compassion, Caring for Your Adopted Child offers the wisdom that adoptive parents need to provide the best possible care for their children. Whether a child joins a family through domestic adoption, international adoption, or foster care, he or she may have needs that require additional consideration.
The coauthors, both adoptive parents, weave professional and personal experiences with essential information on:
• Partnering with a pediatrician before adoption
• Helping a child transition into a family
• Understanding health issues and conditions that are more prevalent in children who are adopted
• Supporting a child's emotional health and attachment
• And promoting positive adoption conversation as a child matures
This comprehensive resource offers trusted parenting advice from a leading adoption medicine expert and the American Academy of Pediatrics, focusing on the physical and emotional well-being of adopted children.