Updated July 2018 with the latest NABRE text corrections from USCCB.
This ebook version of the New American Bible Revised Edition has been
reviewed and approved by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
(USCCB). Consider viewing the sample before purchasing. This ebook is
the current official version of the Catholic Bible.
Released on March 9, 2011, the New American Bible, Revised Edition (NABRE)
is the culmination of nearly 20 years of work by a group of nearly 100
scholars and theologians, including bishops, revisers and editors.
The NABRE includes a newly revised translation of the entire Old
Testament (including the Book of Psalms) along with the 1986 edition of the
Table of Contents
New American Bible Revised Edition
Preface to the Revised New American Bible Old Testament
THE PENTATEUCH Introduction
• The Book of Genesis
• The Book of Exodus
• The Book of Leviticus
• The Book of Numbers
• The Book of Deuteronomy
THE HISTORICAL BOOKS Introduction
• The Book of Joshua
• The Book of Judges
• The Book of Ruth
• The First Book of Samuel
• The Second Book of Samuel
• The First Book of Kings
• The Second Book of Kings
• The First Book of Chronicles
• The Second Book of Chronicles
• The Book of Ezra
• The Book of Nehemiah
BIBLICAL NOVELLAS Introduction
• The Book of Tobit
• The Book of Judith
• The Book of Esther
• The First Book of Maccabees
• The Second Book of Maccabees
THE WISDOM BOOKS Introducti
• The Book of Job
• The Book of Psalms
• The Book of Proverbs
• The Book of Ecclesiastes
• The Song of Songs
• The Book of Wisdom
• The Wisdom of Ben Sira
THE PROPHETIC BOOKS Introduction
• The Book of Isaiah
• The Book of Jeremiah
• The Book of Lamentations
• The Book of Baruch
• The Book of Ezekiel
• The Book of Daniel
• The Book of Hosea
• The Book of Joel
• The Book of Amos
• The Book of Obadiah
• The Book of Jonah
• The Book of Micah
• The Book of Nahum
• The Book of Habakkuk
• The Book of Zephaniah
• The Book of Haggai
• The Book of Zechariah
• The Book of Malachi
Preface to the New American Bible New Testament
THE GOSPELS Introduction
• The Gospel according to Matthew
• The Gospel according to Mark
• The Gospel according to Luke
• The Gospel according to John
The Acts of the Apostles
THE NEW TESTAMENT LETTERS Introduction
• The Letter to the Romans
• The First Letter to the Corinthians
• The Second Letter to the Corinthians
• The Letter to the Galatians
• The Letter to the Ephesians
• The Letter to the Philippians
• The Letter to the Colossians
• The First Letter to the Thessalonians
• The Second Letter to the Thessalonians
• The First Letter to Timothy
• The Second Letter to Timothy
• The Letter to Titus
• The Letter to Philemon
• The Letter to the Hebrews
THE CATHOLIC LETTERS Introduction
• The Letter of James
• The First Letter of Peter
• The Second Letter of Peter
• The First Letter of John
• The Second Let
ter of John
• The Third Letter of John
• The Letter of Jude
The Book of Revelation
A very useful Catholic Bible
I have bought this Catholic Bible and I am actually able to use it on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. It's great that the author have made it possible for me to get a Catholic Bible at a low price.
I've seen a lot of low reviews in here so I decided to put up this review to even up the things a little bit. I don't think that the low ratings speak justly about this Bible and the author. To the contrary, the author has actually provided a good Catholic version of the Bible for us to buy here on iTunes.
I think that the slowness that has been said on the reviews is both true and false to a certain extent. Let me explain why.
First off. This Catholic Bible contains both the Old and New Testament. That's a lot of content. To give you an idea, on my iPad in Portrait position there are about 5600+ pages and on my iPhone in Portrait position that's about 15300+ pages.
You've noticed that when I specified the pages, I put in Portrait position. That's because in iBooks, number of pages change depending on whether you are in portrait or landscape… when you change position, re-pagination and indexing changes. Imagine re-indexing the whole Bible when you change the orientation of your device.
I think what the slowness others here are experiencing is due to the book currently being reindex. I experienced the same slowness when I first bought and opened the book. GIVE IT some time to re-index. The thing is it will have to re-index if you go on changing your device orientation.
After using it for several days now. Here's the performance I'm getting on both my iPhone 4 and iPad 2.
Turning a page: about 1 second (probably less)
Going to a page from the Table of Contents: less than 5 seconds
Going to a page using the slider at the bottom: less than 3 seconds
Going to a page by clicking on a link on the page or a footnote: varies between 1-5 seconds.
One thing that may also be contributing to a bit of slowness is the fact that all over the book you'll see "Active Links" and "Footnote links" to references to other parts of the book. The good thing is that it's like having a lot of bookmarks built right into it. If it where a physical book, imagine the minutes you have to spend, finding that particular link -- so waiting a few seconds for me is quite alright.
Tips for better usage
1. On loading the book, wait for several minutes for indexing to do its magic so that you can access it faster. Be patient.
2. Make use of bookmarks and markers for easier access. iBooks have given us a great tool here. We can mark things like an ordinary book and go directly to it. You can use this useful tool to get easy access to Mass verses before going to Church by marking them before the Mass.
Things I love about this book:
1. Lots of active links/footnotes. Some books don't even make them active, so I have to find my way to the item. On this book, it's just a click away.
2. Price. Easily lower that what's currently being offered on iBooks.
3. Works both on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2. Bookmarks and Notes are synced which makes it great!
To the author:
Thank you. I hope this review gives it justice.
Too slow to be of any use. It needs navigation tabs and indexing to find specific books and verses by chapter and verse number. Do not download until they add this feature
New American bible revised catholic edition
This book when downloaded dose not properly open