Journey to the east with China Tea Leaves travel guides as your companion and visit Chengdu - hometown of pandas and mouth-numbing, spicy cuisine.
Don’t go to Chengdu when you’re young.
This is the first thing anyone in China will tell you about Chengdu, capital of Sichuan province. You’ll be lulled by its charming, relaxed nature into a tea-drunk stupor, and forget all your youthful ambitions. Lounging poets, reclining pandas, tea-sippers whiling away at majiang all afternoon or even all day—these are the scenes of Chengdu. Maybe everyone young and old, comes here, Land of Plenty, to feel young forever.
At China Tea Leaves, we’re opening up a little bit of China to the world, in its puzzles and its charms, to show in colour, story, picture, and poem a sense of China that you can’t get from a black and white text. Visit us at www.chinatealeaves.com to learn more.
Each China Tea Leaves Travel Guide includes:
- Over 30 full-colour photographs
- Hand sketched interactive maps that highlight pictures of each site. Beautiful and practical.
- Food – restaurant recommendations and highlights of local dishes.
- Drink – from tea to Chinese yellow wine, know the best of that locale
- Chinese poetry specific to the region, in Chinese and English
- Local legends and traditional folklore
- Glossary – learn the Chinese words for each city and region
- Chinese phrasebook – with audio pronunciation guide by a native speaker
- Recommendations on local specialties – what to bring home to your family and friends