Journey to the east with China Tea Leaves travel guides as your companion and visit Hangzhou - home of the heavenly West Lake.
Above us there is heaven, here below there are Suzhou and Hangzhou.
Hangzhou—a city of classical poets, of romantic legend. Etched in Chinese memory and fame, there is a lake of heavenly origin, shrouded in mist and surrounded by verdant mountains, imperial tea fields and temples where the gods reside. If you come to Hangzhou, you will experience this vision here on earth.
At China Tea Leaves, we're opening up a little bit of China to the world, in its puzzles and its charms, to show in colour, story, picture, and poem a sense of China that you can't get from a black and white text. Visit us at www.chinatealeaves.com to learn more.
Each China Tea Leaves Travel Guide includes:
- Over 30 full-colour photographs
- Hand sketched interactive maps that highlight pictures of each site. Beautiful and practical.
- Food – restaurant recommendations and highlights of local dishes.
- Drink – from tea to Chinese yellow wine, know the best of that locale
- Chinese poetry specific to the region, in Chinese and English
- Local legends and traditional folklore
- Glossary – learn the Chinese words for each city and region
- Chinese phrasebook – with audio pronunciation guide by a native speaker
- Recommendations on local specialties – what to bring home to your family and friends
Customer ReviewsSee All
A Step Forward
Beautiful, interesting, and an excellent guide: this is the way of the future as far as travel guides. Makes this remarkable city in China come alive.