This action arises out of an effort on the part of the city of Phoenix to provide housing for veterans and their families. It appears that three of the five members of the city commission met at a regular meeting on February 19, 1946, and attempted to adopt an emergency ordinance, Resolution No. 8332 of City Ordinances, which directed and authorized the execution of an agreement with the Federal Public Housing Authority, generally designated as FPHA, for the construction of temporary housing for veterans and their families in a district bounded by Portland Street on the north, Roosevelt Street on the south, 16th Street on the west, and 20th Street on the east, city of Phoenix. In compliance with the supposed authority of this resolution and on the same day a contract was entered into with FPHA providing for the construction of temporary dwellings on the tract. At the same meeting the Commission adopted a separate resolution (8333) authorizing and directing the City Manager to lease such acreage as in his opinion would be necessary to provide a location for the dwelling units. This resolution did not carry the emergency clause. The city on the first day of March entered into a lease for the tract with the owner, Ottilia Linsenmeyer. This lease was for a period of one year, expiring February 28, 1947, at a rental of $1,500, payable $125 per month, with right of renewal for an additional year. The lease provided that the premises were to be used solely for the construction of "Veterans Emergency Housing Project," and that upon the termination of the lease all housing units should be removed.