Codex: Chaos Space Marines is your complete guide to the Heretic Astartes – a brotherhood of superhuman traitors hell-bent on destroying the Imperium they once helped build.
In this codex, you'll discover how the Chaos Space Marines came to be, their dark plans for the Imperium, and how they fight. Lore and timelines explore the long, shadowed history of these malefic warriors, from the dark days of the Horus Heresy to their renewed assault on realspace following the opening of the Cicatrix Maledictum. Collected art and illustrations bring the dark world of the Chaos Space Marines to life, while rules allow you to field an army from the Black Legion, Alpha Legion, World Eaters, Night Lords, Word Bearers, Emperor's Children, Iron Warriors, as well as renegade warbands, including ones of your own devising.
You'll be able to choose from a dark arsenal, containing everything from frothing, zealous Cultists to daemonforged war engines like the Defiler. Faction rules let you tailor your strategy and tactics to the legendary Traitor Legions, like the bloodthirsty World Eaters or relentless Iron Warriors, while a huge set of Stratagems offer you all manner of dirty tricks to unleash on your foes.
Meanwhile, the book is a fantastic resource for collectors, containing tips for building your army, examples of Chaos Space Marines forces, and loads of invaluable reference material and alternative colour schemes for painters.
This book contains:
- Lore and art exploring the history and goals of the Chaos Space Marines
- A showcase of beautifully painted miniatures
- 53 datasheets providing rules for using Chaos Space Marines in your games of Warhammer 40,000, including a datasheet for the Noctilith Crown scenery piece
- Profiles for all weapons and wargear of the Chaos Space Marines, including 5 different Chaos icons
- Legion Traits – specific special rules for the Black Legion, Alpha Legion, Iron Warriors, Night Lords, Word Bearers, World Eaters, Emperor’s Children, and Renegade Chapters
- 24 unique Stratagems, including 7 specific to particular Legions
- Prayers to the Dark Gods: 6 prayers for any Chaos Space Marines with the Priest keyword and 4 Mark of Chaos prayers for those dedicated to a singular deity
- The Dark Hereticus and Malefic psychic disciplines, 12 psychic powers for Pskers of the Chaos Space Marines, and 3 Mark of Chaos psychic powers
- Artefacts of Chaos – 14 weapons and artefacts available only to Chaos Space Marines
- Warlord Traits for the Chaos Space Marines, including 7 specific to particular Legions
- Points values for every unit, weapon and piece of wargear for use if you are playing a matched play game, or a game that uses a points limit
- 6 Tactical Objectives unique to the Chaos Space Marines
This is an Enhanced edition – featuring the same, complete and unabridged content as the print edition in a handy, space-saving portable format, it also contains the following extra features:
- Zoomable, pin-sharp photography, allowing you to appreciate the fine details of Citadel miniatures in a new light;
- a Glossary – tap terms and rules to see their details in an instant;
- Scrolling text, designed to optimise the reading experience for your phone or tablet;
- Pop-up content – bring up extra information at a touch;
- Panoramic art and photography – designed to bring out detail in a way that makes the most of your display;
- Bookmarks – got a reference you need to use often? Add a bookmark and jump between your pages with a tap.
This is an updated version of Codex: Chaos Space Marines, containing new art, lore and updated rules encompassing new content from Imperium Nihilus: Vigilus Ablaze, including Prayers to the Dark Gods, updated units, and more. If you already own a copy of Chaos Space Marines and Vigilus Ablaze, you'll find this book a handy compilation. However, you do not need a copy of the original codex or Vigilus Ablaze to use this product!
When will the electronic version be updated to the recent revised version of the CSM codex?
One big problem and a minor complaint
The dark prayers page is formatted incorrectly so you can’t read them (please fix). Also, and this is more of a minor inconvenience than a big problem but when you are using your phone instead of iPad and you click on a weapon or stratagem etc. it takes you to an entirely different page to view its effects instead of just being able to read it on the page
Thank you GW, for updating the book to version 2 without requiring us to buy a new one. I probably sound like I have Stockholm syndrome here, but I was surprised and glad they did that.