This all-new disease and insect compendium for sunflower crops will serve as a vital field guide at universities, Extension offices, diagnostic labs, farms, and even homes where sunflowers are grown. It includes nearly 300 images and research-based management recommendations, allowing users to scout, identify, and manage a range of plant diseases and insect pests of sunflowers--whether they’re grown for food or decor!
Compendium of Sunflower Diseases and Pests is organized into four major parts: Biotic Diseases, Insect Pests, Abiotic Diseases and Disorders, and Emerging Issues for Sunflower Production. The history of sunflower production and usage and botany and breeding are also covered in the Introduction. Specific features of the book are as follows:
• 277 photographs to assist with accurate identification of sunflower disease symptoms, spores, insect pests, and disorders
• Worldwide distribution maps of various plant pathogens that affect sunflower production
• Images and descriptions of insect life cycles
• Descriptions of plant pathogens and their differences to introduce basic concepts of plant pathology
• An up-to-date appendix of common diseases and their scientific names
This new publication is truly an international effort, authored by 37 expert scientists at institutions from Africa, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.