The up-to-the-minute guide to understanding and treating migraines for all migraine sufferers and their families
Across America, twenty-eight million people suffer from migraines, costing the nation millions of dollars in lost work and school days, medication, and countless visits to doctors and hospitals. At the world-renowned Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago, Dr. Seymour Diamond has spent more than thirty years helping thousands of headache sufferers conquer their debilitating pain. At last, the resources of that institution are available in a book. Dr. Diamond's Conquering Your Migraine is a comprehensive guide to the identification and treatment of all types of migraine, including pediatric headache, hormonal migraine, and coexisting migraine and tension-type headache.
This book includes:
• The most up-to-date research on the cause of migraine, including if and how it will affect treatment
• How to identify the danger signs of migraine
• Identifying and treating migraine when it is linked to depression
• Why more than 70 percent of migraine sufferers are women and what their particular circumstances mean for treatment
• How the miracle drugs of the twenty-first century can stop your migraine attack
• The latest in non-drug and self-help treatments, including relaxation therapy, biofeedback, and preventative therapies
If you or someone close to you suffers from migraine, Dr. Diamond's Your Migraine is the lifeline you need to help free you from pain.
Headache specialist Seymour Diamond, with Mary A. Franklin, offers advice and encouragement in Conquering Your Migraine: The Essential Guide to Understanding and Treating Migraines for All Sufferers and Their Families. Collaborators on Coping with Your Headaches and colleagues at the Diamond Headache Clinic, they here examine the most debilitating form. Their manual identifies and discusses the various types of migraines, offers self-help measures and alternative therapies as well as the latest drug treatments available, and concludes with a list of resources, a glossary and a worksheet. ( Apr.)