NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • 150+ quick and easy recipes to get healthy gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free food on the table fast—from no-cook lunches to one-pot dinners and simple desserts—from the New York Times bestselling author of the Against All Grain series.
“Healthy in a Hurry helps busy, working moms (like me) get delicious meals on the table fast with tried-and-true recipes that are full of comfort, flavor, and easy variety.”—Melissa Urban, co-founder and CEO of Whole30
Beloved author Danielle Walker proves that healthy cooking is both doable and oh-so-satisfying. In Healthy in a Hurry, Danielle presents more than 150 paleo recipes inspired by her sunny California lifestyle and diverse cuisines from around the world, including:
• No-cook lunches: Pesto Chicken, Nectarine & Avocado Salad; Thai-Style Shrimp Salad; Steak Lettuce Wraps with Horseradish Cream Sauce
• Freezer-friendly meals: Pork Ragu over Creamy Polenta; Turkey Chili Verde; Baked Pepperoni Pizza Spaghetti with Ranch
• Delicious pasta dishes: Curry Noodles with Shrimp; Mac & Cheese; Creamy Roasted Garlic, Chicken Sausage & Arugula Pasta
• Sheet pan dinners: Mediterranean Salmon with Artichokes & Peppers; Lemongrass-Ginger Pork Chops with Crunchy Jicama & Mint Salad; Peruvian Steak & French Fries
• Easy grills: Skirt Steak Tacos with Sriracha Aioli; Hawaiian BBQ Chicken with Grilled Bok Choy & Pineapple; Chipotle Cranberry–Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers
Each recipe is shaped by Danielle's capable hands to be free of gluten, grains, and dairy—and most have just ten ingredients or fewer. And if that weren't good enough, every recipe is photographed and all are fast to make, giving busy people with dietary restrictions lots of ways to eat well on a tight schedule. With prep times and cook times, dietary guidelines, a pantry of sauces and spice mixes, and six weeks of meal planning charts, Healthy in a Hurry will help you become the calm, organized cook you've always aspired to be.
"These recipes are designed to help you spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your people," promises chef and wellness advocate Walker (Against All Grain) in this enticing collection of gluten-free, grain-free, and dairy-free meals. The dozens of tantalizing fares on offer prove that these dietary restrictions do not sacrifice flavor: ancho-citrus shrimp tacos get drizzled with roasted pineapple salsa, while Peruvian steak with french fries pack in spice and protein (to turn up the heat, Walker recommends adding habanero hot sauce to the mix). From dishes that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less (Cajun chicken "pasta") to meals that don't require any cooking at all (pesto, chicken, nectarine, and avocado salad), Walker's recipes are sure to delight busy home cooks. Likewise, Walker's sheet pan meals—such as her sweet-and-sour pork, and herb-crusted black cod with harissa cauliflower—prove to be delectably handy for harried weeknights, as do her tips for "freezer cooking," which allow readers to make and freeze up to five recipes ahead of time: her foolproof creamy sausage, kale, and sweet potato soup, for instance, takes under 15 minutes to make and cook. Whether home cooks have dietary restrictions or just want to eat healthy, this is a book that they will turn to time and again.