At the heart of your Christian life and prophetic ministry is your intimate relationship with God and a vital connection to His Word: The Bible.
In this book, Helen Calder shares her personal journey from burnout and spiritual exhaustion to a lifestyle of encountering God—the pathway that launched her into prophetic ministry.
'Deeper' contains many practical tips to help you discover the relationship with God and the Bible that you are uniquely designed for. Together with the accompanying workbook, 'Deeper' takes you on a journey of personal renewal.
‘Deeper: 6 Steps to Greater Intimacy with God and His Word’ will:
- Help you identify factors that may be holding you back in your intimate relationship with God
- Renew your passion and vision for Bible study
- Empower you with tools to discover a fresh approach in your devotional life
- Provide information about the many ways you can pray and hear God’s voice
- Give you specific steps to discover the times and places that you personally encounter God
- Build your spiritual gift and ministry by focusing on the source of that gift—your intimate relationship with God
Questions for reflection will enable you to:
- Process your own journey to renewing your devotional life with honest self-assessments and clear steps forward
- Discover how to apply your strongest learning styles to your own Bible study
- Find out the best times and places for you to personally connect with God and His Word
- Explore the unique ways you hear from God, pray and encounter Him
1. Recognise the Value of Your Devotional Life
2. Pursue Encounters with God
3. Consider A Fresh Approach to Bible Study
4. Find Your Places of Divine Appointment
5. Recharge Your Prayer Life
6. Lean in To Hear God’s Voice
7. Be Open to New Ways of Encountering God
Appendix 1: Journaling Methods
Appendix 2: Jesus’ Prayer Life