• Covers all three disciplines of Autodesk Revit in one book
• Guides you through creating a two story law office while teaching you the BIM process
• Uses step-by-step tutorials and starts at an introductory level
Design Integration Using Autodesk Revit 2023 is designed to provide you with a well-rounded knowledge of Autodesk Revit tools and techniques. All three disciplines of the Revit platform are introduced in this textbook. This approach gives you a broad overview of the Building Information Modeling (BIM) process. The topics cover the design integration of most of the building disciplines: Architectural, Interior Design, Structural, Mechanical, Plumbing and Electrical. Civil is not covered, but adding topography to your model is.
Throughout the book you develop a two story law office. The drawings start with the floor plans and develop all the way to photo-realistic renderings similar to the one on the cover of this book. Along the way the building’s structure, ductwork, plumbing and electrical (power and lighting) are modeled. By the end, you will have a thorough knowledge of many of the Revit basics needed to be productive in a classroom or office environment. Even if you will only be working with one component of Revit in your chosen profession, this book will give you important knowledge on how the other disciplines will be doing their work and valuable insight into the overall process.
The first four chapters cover many of the Revit basics needed to successfully and efficiently work with the software. Once the fundamentals are covered, the remaining chapters walk you through a building project which is started from scratch so nothing is taken for granted by you or the author.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started with Autodesk Revit 2023
2. Quick Start: Small Office
3. Overview of Linework and Modify Tools
4. Drawing 2D Architectural Objects
5. Floor Plans
6. Roof, Floors and Ceilings
7. Vertical Circulation
8. Structural System
10. Elevations, Sections and Details
11. Interior Design
13. Mechanical System
14. Electrical System
15. Site and Renderings
16. Construction Documents Set
17. Introduction to Phasing and Worksharing
18. Introduction to Revit Content Creation
Appendix A: Autodesk Revit Certification Exam Introduction