The 10th-anniversary edition of the New York Times business bestseller-now updated with "Answers to Ten Questions People Ask"
We attempt or avoid difficult conversations every day-whether dealing with an underperforming employee, disagreeing with a spouse, or negotiating with a client. From the Harvard Negotiation Project, the organization that brought you Getting to Yes, Difficult Conversations provides a step-by-step approach to having those tough conversations with less stress and more success. you'll learn how to:
· Decipher the underlying structure of every difficult conversation
· Start a conversation without defensiveness
· Listen for the meaning of what is not said
· Stay balanced in the face of attacks and accusations
· Move from emotion to productive problem solving
Customer ReviewsSee All
Good reading on deciphering different views
There's always three sides to a story: your story, his/her story and the "truth". This book is helpful to anyone who wants to address difficult conversations from the "truth" perspective.
Highly recommended reading!
Terrific book. Very solideasy to apply suggestions. Must read for really everyone!