Since we don't speak "Basic Bark," the best way to canine-communicate is through touch. Regular Dog Massage sessions give dogs the attention they crave and the affection they need, and the techniques explained in this book are designed to:
- Relax tense, overworked muscles
- Help puppies benefit from touch, especially during their prime socialization period
- Aid early detection of health problems
- Improve sociability and help calm a "Rowdy Rover"
- Promote cooperation during grooming and visits to the vet
- Enhance that loving bond between you and your dog
Recommended by veterinarians and dog experts, massage is an essential part of your pet's health care. Dog Massage gives you all the skills you need, including:
- Basic Massage Motions, Hand Positions, Speeds, Pressures and Moods
- Over 50 Massage Techniques from Whiskers to Tail
- Advanced Techniques and "White Glove Treatments"
- How to "Voice Massage"
For those who love dogs, licensed massage therapist Maryjean Ballner (Cat Massage) offers "upgraded petting that generates amazing results" in her new step-by-step, dog-approved, do-it-yourself Dog Massage: A Whiskers-to-Tail Guide to Your Dog's Ultimate Massage Experience. Intended specifically as a means of enhancing the relationship between dogs and their human friends (never try to give a massage to a strange dog, Ballner warns), this fully illustrated guide advises readers on various techniques (petting the pecs, thigh thumbing and the paw-claw caress) with cheerful encouragement, important cautions and tips on how to tell if a dog does not like a particular form of massage.