An indispensable reference that will help students understand the major ethnic conflicts that dominate the headlines and shape the modern world.
• Presents comprehensive coverage of ethnic conflicts that enables readers to comprehend recent events around the world
• Contains updates and revisions to the first edition and new entries on more current conflicts
• Features cases that are both relevant and topical, covering the vast majority of the conflicts that are spilling blood, affecting policies, and shaping the contemporary world
• Includes primary documents that support the text, allowing students to use hard evidence in their research
• Supports the National Geography Standards by examining cultural mosaics and conflict