#1 best-selling guide to Finland*
Lonely Planet Finland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hike through forests and fells, spectacular gorges and ravines, fizz over the snow behind a team of huskies on an overnight dog-sled safari, then change the pace with chic shopping at Helsinki's cutting-edge design stores; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Finland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Finland Travel Guide:
• Colour maps and images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - Sami society & traditions, Finnish lifestyle & culture, history, design, literature, music, painting, sculpture, food & drink, outdoor activities
• Over 50 maps
• Covers Helsinki, Turku & the South Coast, Aland Archipelago, Tampere & Hame, The Lakeland, Karelia, West Coast, Oulu, Kainuu & Koilllismaa, Lapland and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
• Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
• Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
• Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
• Seamlessly flip between pages
• Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
• Embedded links to recommendations' websites
• Zoom-in maps and images
• Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Finland our most comprehensive guide to Finland, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Scandinavia guide.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Finland. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA