She sees the future...and the empire knows it.
To Earthen tourists, Ember is a strange and unusually talented future-teller who likes solitude. To her people, Ember is rebellious and doesn't belong. The truth is that she's desperate to save her dying father, and she'll tell as many fortunes as it takes to save him.
Except one day, she reads a handsome tourist's future--and sees herself kissing him.
Worse, she discovers the empire has been watching the girl whose fortunes always come true, and they know she has a gift. One that shouldn't exist. One the emperor intends to use in his quest to conquer what remains of the galaxy.
As kind as the mysterious and attractive tourist is, Ember resents being torn from her dying father and the only home she's ever known. She can't return to save her father until she's no longer needed, so there's only one thing to be done.
If Ember is going down, she's taking the Empire with her.
Experience science fiction romance as never before in this thrilling, fast-paced futuristic series from a USA Today and Wall Street Journal bestselling author.
Here's what readers are saying:
* "Don't get this girl angry!"
* "Read it in one sitting. You won't be disappointed."
* "Spellbinding . . . Recommended for all who like silence fiction and a fast moving pace of action and intrigue. I could not put this book down till I'd finished reading the last page."
* "Sort of dystopian, but with a twist. If you liked books like DIVERGENT, HUNGER GAMES, LEGEND, etc, you'll probably like this."
* "This book captivated me. . . . Powerful."
* "This was a read in one sitting book for me, because there was no way I was going to put it down until I read every single page."
* "Great read for those who like fantasy/sci fi with a delightful dose of romance!"
* "I already ordered the next 2 books in the series."
Cool original idea. I hated to see so much death though.
Not bad but nothing I haven't read before, more suited to juvenile readers-was this meant for adults?