Whether you want to explore Edinburgh, sip Scottish whisky, or hike the Highlands, the local Fodor’s travel experts in Scotland are here to help! Fodor’s Essential Scotland guidebook is packed with maps, carefully curated recommendations, and everything else you need to simplify your trip-planning process and make the most of your time.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED IN FULL COLOR with an easy-to-read layout, fresh information, and beautiful color photos.
• AN ILLUSTRATED ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE to the top things to see and do
• PHOTO-FILLED “BEST OF” FEATURES on Scotland’s Best Museums, Scotland’s Best Outdoor Adventures, and Scotland’s Best Castles
• BRAND-NEW COLOR PHOTOS throughout to spark your wanderlust!
• UP-TO-DATE and HONEST RECOMMENDATIONS covering the most recommended sights, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, shopping, performing arts, activities, and more
GET PLANNING • MULTIPLE ITINERARARIES to effectively organize your days and maximize your time
• SPECIAL FEATURES on Playing Golf in Scotland and Scottish Whisky
• COVERS: Edinburgh, Glasgow, St. Andrews, Dundee, Angus, the Trossachs, Loch Lomond, Aberdeen, Inverness, Speyside, Loch Ness, the Highlands, Isle of Skye, and more
GET GOING • MORE THAN 40 DETAILED MAPS to navigate confidently
• TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS on when to go, getting around, beating the crowds, and saving time and money
• HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL INSIGHTS providing rich context on the local people, politics, art, architecture, cuisine, geography and more
• LOCAL WRITERS to help you find the under-the-radar gems
Planning on visiting the rest of Great Britain? Check out Fodor’s Essential Great Britain, Fodor’s Essential England, and Fodor’s London.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS: Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years. For more travel inspiration, you can sign up for our travel newsletter at fodors.com/newsletter/signup, or follow us @FodorsTravel on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. We invite you to join our friendly community of travel experts at fodors.com/community to ask any other questions and share your experience with us!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The digital edition of this guide does not contain all the images included in the physical edition.