With the Foodie Guide to Brussels in your hand, you’ll explore the city’s rich gastronomic tapestry like a local and see a side of foodie Brussels few tourists experience.
You’ve already heard of Belgian beer, waffles, and chocolate. But you may not know Belgium is a secret foodie heaven, with more Michelin stars per capita than France and the entire globe of world cuisines available - and Brussels is at the heart of it all.
Travel writer and photographer, Alison Cornford-Matheson, spent 11 years tasting her way through this gourmet city and shares her favourite restaurants, bars, hotels, shops, and activities for foodies with you.
The Foodie Guide to Brussels will:
• Teach you about Belgium’s most loved traditional dishes, and tell you where to eat them.
• Show you where the locals buy beer, chocolate, waffles, and fries - so you won’t be charged tourist-trap prices.
• Share the city’s top restaurants - from the Michelin Stars to the best cheap eats and everything in between.
• Tell you what to do between meals in Brussels, including the best museums, tours, and classes for foodies.
• Share Brussels’ best foodie shops and markets for everything from the freshest local products to the latest foodie gadget.
• List the very best hotels for foodies, with excellent restaurants and proximity to the city’s foodie highlights.
• Guide you through the perfect foodie day in Brussels.
• Offer tips on language, tipping, and other restaurant etiquette and tell you the places you should avoid.
What you won’t find in this guide: This is not an overview of everything to do in Brussels. If you’re looking for a list of every restaurant, museum, and cooking shop in Brussels, with star-ratings or long-winded menu descriptions, this guide is not for you. If you want the latest flash-in-the-pan, trendy eatery, you won’t find it here, unless it has genuine staying power.
This guide is for you - If you love delicious local food, menus that change with the seasons and availability of fresh, local produce, dining without another tourist in sight, and you want insider tips so you can make the best decisions about how YOU want to spend your time (and caloric intake) in Brussels.
Included Free Resources
• A detailed Google Map of all locations listed in this guide.
• The Top 10 Things to Do in Belgium eBook.
• Our Favourite Food Blogs for Brussels.
• Sneak-peeks and updates on all of our upcoming guides to Belgium and beyond.