The first edition of Foods That Harm, Foods That Heal changed the way we view food and its impact on our bodies. More than 7 million copies of the book have been sold worldwide since then, and interest in food as medicine has only grown as researchers have continued to discover the crucial connections between diet and chronic conditions such as heart disease, cancer, diabetes, and other serious illnesses, as well as the impact of food on stress, insomnia, and other common complaints.
In this completely revised, updated, and redesigned edition, you'll find:
• More than 90 health condition entries from arthritis to insomnia to heart disease
• Almost 150 food entries from apples to zucchini, including fast food, additives, and more
• Simple ways to eat, cook, and store each food
• Food-medicine interactions to be aware of
• Sidebars on everything from the new USDA Food Plate to the many benefits of vitamin D, probiotics and super foods like goji berries and acai.
This book is very informative and covers everything you need to know about foods and where to find minerals, vitamins, and related diseases and what could help you against a specific disease.