This guide is designed for optimal navigation on eReaders, smartphones, and other mobile electronic devices. It is indexed alphabetically and by category, making it easier to access individual articles. Articles feature information about attractions, landmarks, districts, transportation, cultural venues, dining, history and much more. Addresses, telephones, hours of operation and admissions information are included. The guide is complemented by clearly marked maps that are linked to city attractions. An interlinked phrasebook as well as a pronunciation guide are included.
NEW FEATURE: The attraction articles now include links to Google Maps. On a dedicated electronic reader with a slow connection and a primitive browser, Google Maps will display the attraction on the map along with metro stations, roads, and nearby attractions. On an internet-enabled device such as the iPhone and the iPad, Google Maps will even show you the route from your current location to the attraction you want to go to.
Table of Contents:
1. Essentials: A-Z Index | Phrasebook | Tourism Offices | Safety | Driving in Europe | Units Conversion
2. Greece: Quick Facts | History | Geography | Climate | Politics | Economy | Demographics | Culture | Regions | Get In | Get Around | Eat | Drink | Buy | Sleep | World Heritage Sites
3. Maps: Greece | Administrative Regions | Religious Sanctuaries
3.1 Athens: City Map | Metro Map
3.2 Greek islands: Crete | Ionian | Corfu | Santorini
4. Athens: History | Culture | Climate | Districts | Eat | Drink | Sleep | Stay Safe
4.1 Athens Transport: Get in | Get Around
4.2 Athens Attractions: Top 10 | Itinerary | Attractions A-Z | See | Do | Buy | Get out
5. Thessaloniki / Salonica: History | Culture | Climate | Transportation | Get In & Around | Attractions | Festivals | Eat | Drink | Sleep
6. Peloponnese: History | Geography | Cities | Get In & Around | Archaeological Sites | Eat & Drink
7. Crete: History | Climate | Cities | Get In | Get Around | See | Do | Eat & Drink | Sleep
8. Continental Greece: Central | Western Greece | Northern Greece (Macedonia and Thrace) | Itinerary
9. Greek Islands: Cyclades | Dodecanese Islands | Northern Aegean Islands | Saronic Islands | Sporades | Ionian
Customer ReviewsSee All
This was my first mobilrefeference guidebook and I found it extremely easy to use and quite informative for familiarizing me with the background and culture of Greece and for planning various itineraries for my trip to Athens and the Greek islands. I will definitely use mobile reference again.
Great for travelers
I bought this book before visiting Greece and read it while I was on the plane. I have never been a geography or history buff, so I didn't know much about Greece or its culture and history. Everything from the phrase book to the history sections were very insightful and made my trip that much more enjoyable.
Greece Travel Guide
I've traveled to Europe several times over the past 3 years and purchased various travel ebooks for the planning of each trip and as a guide during the trip. By far the best and most reliable is the MobileReference “travel” series.
I like knowing the hours and cost of sites. Also the restaurants and hotels recommended by the authors of the guidebook have always been better than expected. Love how everything is described in detail. In a country where I don't speak the language, I expect to be prepared when I walk out of my hotel room and I was. I will always use MobileReference whenever traveling to Europe.