RECENTLY UPDATED FOR 2019! With high-resolution images, a food dictionary, and information on Italian coffee, pasta, and salumi, this is the definitive guide to the regional foods of Italy.
Italy offers an unrivaled culinary experience. With a food landscape that changes from region to region, there is always something you have not tried. But the really special thing is when you taste an old favorite that redefines how you think about it from then on: osso bucco from Lombardia, prosciutto di Parma from Emilia-Romagna, mozzarella di bufala from Campania, or even something as everyday as coffee in Friuli-Venezia Giulia. It is your to discover.
What’s in this guidebook
* A region-by-region review. This Approach Guide provides insight into each of Italy’s regions, giving you detailed information on local specialties across all courses: antipasti, primi, secondi and dolci. Includes more than 80 high-resolution images.
* Food culture. Italy takes its food seriously and this guidebook helps you navigate the landscape, covering topics such as when not to order a cappuccino and how much to tip.
* Italian food basics. To acquaint you with the basics of Italian cuisine, this guidebook offers detailed profiles of Italian salumi and pasta types, as well as a comprehensive Italian-to-English glossary of food-related terms.
* Recommendations. To help in your selection process, we point out not-to-be-missed local specialties.
* Information the way you like it. As with all of our guides, this book is optimized for intuitive, quick navigation; information is organized into bullet points to make absorption easy; and the most important information is front and center.
* NEW! Customers can now print this guidebook with our new PDF-on-Demand service. See the final chapter in the book for details.
We hope that this guidebook enables you to get even more out of what is sure to be an exceptional culinary tour of Italy.
Have a great trip and buon appetito!
ABOUT APPROACH GUIDES
Food guides for the ultra curious, Approach Guides take an in-depth look at a destination’s local cuisine to help you understand its food culture, navigate menus and discover regional specialties.
PRAISE FOR APPROACH GUIDES
Compulsive (and compulsively informed) travelers, the Raezers are the masterminds behind the downloadable Approach Guides, which are filled with a university course-worth of history and insights for 62 destinations worldwide. WHY WE LOVE IT: The Raezers share our desire for deep, well-researched information on the wonders of the world.
- Travel + Leisure