The Signet Classics edition of William Shakespeare's incomparable tragic play.
"To be, or not to be: that is the question"
There is arguably no work of fiction quoted as often as William Shakespeare's Hamlet. This haunting tragedy of a troubled Danish prince devoted to avenging his father's death has captivated audiences for centuries.
This revised Signet Classics edition includes unique features such as:
• An overview of Shakespeare's life, world, and theater
• A special introduction to the play by the editor, Sylvan Barnet
• Sources from which Shakespeare derived Hamlet
• Dramatic criticism from Samuel Taylor Coleridge, A. C. Bradley, Maynard Mack, and others
• A comprehensive stage and screen history of notable actors, directors, and productions
• Text, notes, and commentaries printed in the clearest, most readable text
• And more...
Customer ReviewsSee All
Line Numbers Please
Line numbers are a necessity when teaching a play in class. Please look into adding line numbers for plays, teachers everywhere will be ever so thankful. Without line numbers, why not just use the free version. Text notes are also awkwardly integrated. Using a format like The Wasteland app would be a huge improvement.