Healing is Here—Week 1
A 49-Day Devotional Journey of Healing Through the Bible
The daily devotions on prayer for physical healing begin! (Download of Healing Bible Verses PDF available for free in Introduction) *** Search for the full version of this book, currently free on Apple Books!
Sickness and miraculous healing are shrouded in mystery. Not many know how to pray for themselves or a loved one when they are sick. Not only that, most people don’t feel confident that God is willing to help them when they pray.
After John W. Nichols (author of GOD is HERE) discovered his daughter had many symptoms of autism, he began reading the Bible with new eyes, trying to understand healing for today. Soon he felt impressed to fast for 7 weeks and pray through Scriptures about healing daily.
Healing is Here: A 49-Day Devotional Journey of Healing Through the Bible, compiles the author’s notes and prayers during his fast. It has been organized to apply to anyone who wants to learn about healing at their own pace, with Scriptural support, suggested prayers, and journaling prompts. (There is no requirement to fast while going through this devotional)
John systematically teaches the mysteries he has unlocked over the course of four years of studying and applying Biblical Christian healing. He wrote this devotional with the hope of helping others who are in similar circumstances: those who desperately need healing, aren’t sure how to pray, and are wondering if God is willing to help.
The first week covers verses that reveal:
• God’s healing nature
• Why people started getting sick
• Our need to connect with Him despite our pain
• How Jesus represented God as He healed
• The importance of asking God for what we need, and the promises in His Word regarding asking
• The depth of provision in Jesus’s sacrifice
• Jesus’s example of speaking to what needs changed, instead of speaking to God about what needs changed
Over the course of the full 49 days you will discover:
• What is God and Jesus’s will regarding healing
• How Jesus fulfilled prophetic verses of healing
• How God’s will is accomplished
• What we can learn from the remarkable similarity between salvation and healing
• What do covenants have to do with sickness and healing
• How to receive the same blessings God promised His people in the Bible
• How God disciplines and teaches us
• What faith has to do with healing
• What we can learn about God by looking at Jesus in the gospels
• How sin and righteousness affects healing
• What the Bible teaches us about evil spirits
• How Jesus showed us to fight the enemy, and how to be equipped for that fight
• How Satan attacks, and what we can do about it
• What Jesus told His disciples (and us) to do
• What is the right atmosphere for healing
• How to exercise and apply Jesus’s name, authority, anointing, and blood
• How fear and doubt play into sickness and how to overcome them
• How to heal the soul (thoughts and emotions)
• What are the promises and benefits of God, and how to claim them
• How fasting affects healing
• Many surprising (and practical) elements of healing seen in the Bible which can be applied today
Don’t forget to get the free resources linked within the book!
"What I love about this devotional is that it answers questions about healing (mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally) in such a relatable way. Each devotional is loaded with Bible verses, a prayer and thought provoking questions to help you journal your journey to healing and restoration. This is a must read for anyone from the new believer to the person that's walked with Christ their whole life. You will gain new understanding of the Scriptures and insight into who God is and how He wants to heal you." — Chris Hendrix, Author of Devotional Guide to Stretching Your Faith, Devotions By Chris, DevotionsByChris.com
"Healing is Here is a powerful resource for those pursuing physical healing in their bodies. Written with gentleness and humility, he addresses so many deep concepts in a way that quietly unravels the bad theology we've so often been taught. Jesus truly was Healer while on earth, and His Father is no different. This book is written in an accessible weekly format, so the ideas can be revisited easily as necessary. Healing is part of our portion as believers, so don't live another day sick. Pick up this book and get grounded in what the eternal Word has to say about wholeness in your body!" — Andrea Joy Moede, Writer, Coach, Speaker, Author of Misunderstood, Path of Truth, and God is Light, AndreaJoy.org
"I had such a leap in my spirit that this book is going to be so anointed for the times we are in. The introduction and first devotional gave me a hunger to know more about healing." — Danielle Edens, Author of Breaking Out of the Cocoon, Founder of Second Chance Dreamers
"John Nichols is an example of a young man whose life has been marvelously transformed when he surrendered to Christ. He now lives to share what he has learned with others. His Bible-based teaching will lead every follower of Jesus into a deeper, more joyful walk." — Joanne Hillman, Author of Listening Prayer, A Perfect Marriage, Song of Salome, and more, JoanneHillman.com
As someone who has struggled with their health for 13 years I love reading this devotional to encourage my heart. It gave me new ways to think of my healing and new perspective on stories in the Bible about healing. I have only made it through week one but I am looking forward to continuing this devotional and allowing God to speak to me through it. It’s a must read if you or someone you know needs healing.