Health Literacy from A to Z: Practical Ways to Communicate Your Health Message is written for someone who cares a lot about communicating health messages clearly and simply. It is also written for someone to whom health literacy is just one of many projects competing for time and attention. In other words, this book is written for you.
This book is intended as an easy-to-use guide for health communications. It is written in a way to inform and inspire you, not overwhelm you. There are 42 stand-alone chapters. Arranged alphabetically from A to Z, each chapter includes:
• Starting Points. Introductory information with context for strategies that follow.
• Strategies, Ideas, and Suggestions. How-to ways of communicating clearly.
• Stories from Practice. Real-life experiences that make key points “come alive.”
• Citations. References from books, podcasts, articles, and more.
• Sources to Learn More. Resources to continue learning about each topic.
Winner of several awards of excellence from the American Medical Writers Association and its New England chapter. Received a 5-star rating from Doody’s Book Reviews and Included in its 2015 edition of core titles.