A Japanese kitsune shifter discovers family secrets and hidden truths halfway around the world. She only wanted to find love.
For her more than five hundred years, kitsune Kaori Ishida has never strayed from her beloved homeland of Japan or her family. But when she falls for an American and sees hope of a normal life, she embarks on a journey to the United States. She leaves everything she knows behind, including her familiar appearance, to follow love.
Only, what she finds isn’t what she expects.
With the Immigration Act of 1924 only two years old, she discovers a scary new world that doesn’t accept either of her true forms. Seeking refuge and following a trail of lies, she ends up in a strange little town in the Colorado mountains, where family secrets and deceptions have her struggling to find the truth—and find herself.
Every town has stories of its past, and Havenwood Falls is no different. And when the town’s residents include a variety of supernatural creatures, those historical tales often become Legends. This is but one.
This is a stand-alone historical fantasy tale in the Havenwood Falls shared world, a collaborative effort by multiple authors across multiple series all in the paranormal fantasy genre, allowing readers to discover new authors and stories to fall in love with. Each author brings a stand-alone plotline, so they can be read in any order.
Books in the Legends of Havenwood Falls historical fantasy series:
• Lost in Time by Tish Thawer
• Dawn of the Witch Hunters by Morgan Wylie
• Redemption’s End by Eric Asher
• Trapped Within a Wish by Brynn Myers
• Blood and Damnation by Belinda Boring
• Fated Beginnings by E.J. Fechenda
• Emeline by Katie John
• Released From a Curse by Brynn Myers
• A Pack of Lies by Kallie Ross
• Kiss the Ashes by Desiree Lafawn
• Hidden Truths by Colleen Nye
• Wrath and Retribution by Belinda Boring
More books coming soon.