The foundations of Calvary Bible Church were planted in Lapeer very early in the life of the community. From the evidence in a Lapeer city directory, we believe the Lapeer Methodist Protestant Church foundation was established in 1840 with a small group of believers consisting of a few families, meeting in homes. Throughout the years, the church has changed and adapted itself to become the present day Calvary Bible Church. As part of the 175th celebration, it was decided to pull together the history and put into a book for future generations.
Through historical information, personal testimonies, photographs and voice recordings; this book brings to life the history of the church and the beginnings of the radio ministry that is still a key part of the present day ministry to the community.