"This eccentrically enjoyable book by two strange and wonderful women may well be the cookbook America needs right now." —Anthony Bourdain
First released as a paperback in 2009, this is still the cookbook America needs: a frank, empowering guide to dining at home with friends.
How to Throw a Dinner Party Without Having a Nervous Breakdown is the collected wisdom of self-taught cooks and NYC supper-club hosts. It includes:
* more than 50 party-tested recipes
* nine complete menus for skill levels from never-touched-a-knife to ambitious thrill seeker
* a "Plan of Attack" for each menu, to help you prepare multiple dishes without panic
* realistic wine recommendations
* practical tips on stocking a kitchen, making vegetarians happy and plenty more
Dinner parties can break all the rules and still be great. In fact, they're even better when they're personal, honest and a little messy. So grab this book and get in the kitchen and show your friends you love them!