This insightful book about “bird-nest parenting,” or “nesting,” shows how this coparenting model can help your children feel safe and loved as your family evolves into something new after divorce.
After her divorce, author Lucenda Jacobs began looking into different coparenting techniques, searching for a model that would fit both her ex-husband’s and her own lifestyles and goals. The more research she conducted, the more Jacobs was intrigued by the idea of nesting.
In Nesting, Jacobs candidly shares her family’s experiences with this strategy and covers the following topics:
• the basics of creating a “nest” house where the children live full time
• the need for a schedule that allows parents to switch in and out of the “nest”
• the responsibilities each parent has, whether nesting or not
• possible housing arrangements for the non-nesting parent
• a detailed plan that fosters family harmony and stability
Jacobs takes readers behind the scenes to show them how her family adapted to nesting, explaining how this particular parenting plan suited everyone’s specific needs. It eased the burden on both parents and children and helped each member of the family treat everyone with love, respect, and understanding.