The idea that you need a travel agent to plan and book your trip belongs in the last century. I've travelled across Europe, solo and on a budget since 2013 and have been living in Germany for close to three years.
Somehow, planning for a trip especially the first few has always been a big pain in the a**. Add to that limited budget and time to plan, and you have a big headache.
The truth is, that not all of us can afford to spend hundreds of dollars on a custom itinerary from a travel agent nor do we have hundreds of hours to spend on researching across thousands of blogs, booking platforms and travel magazines.
I've compiled everything I know about planning, preparing and booking a Europe trip in a practical, precise manner in this book, to help you save a shit ton of time and money when doing the same. To avoid the mistakes I did on my first couple of trips.
Planning your dream trip doesn't need to be expensive or time-consuming. With this handbook, you'll find out exactly how.
Here's what you can expect to find inside:
- Money saving tips. Whether it's about food in Europe or which mode of transport to cover, you are covered.
- Budgeting guidelines. How much to budget as a bare minimum and average costs across 56 European cities for two people.
- Itinerary suggestions. Ten different itineraries with various combinations cutting through every region of Europe from one week to two months.
- Top Highlights. What to see, where to stay (with clickable direct links and cost) and what local dish to try in Europe's top 20 most visited cities.
- Visa Tips. The documents you need to apply for a Schengen visa, timeline and how to make sure your visa doesn't get rejected.
- Packing list. A detailed packing list with must-have essentials to save you unnecessary costs in Europe.
- Practical info. Customs regulations, safety, laws. Everything you need to know as a first-timer in Europe.
- Booking resources and links. Every provider you need to know whether it is for renting a car, finding a place to stay or a local walking tour.
- Bonuses. As a big thank you to the readers, I have included some bonuses for booking stay and flights that are worth over $60.
Shruti is a digital marketer by day and travel blogger by night. Three years ago, she left her post-MBA life in India to chase a new adventure. She now calls Germany home and shares her tips on how to travel smarter, cheaper and longer through her website www.indiangirling.com