Writing fiction isn't easy.
The 26 writers and editors—and one writing group—who
contributed to this book know exactly how difficult it can be.
They've seen the challenges and found the solutions, and they
are here to share their hard-won lessons with you. From
getting started to choosing a point of view, to adding
resonance, crafting an unforgettable villain, advanced editing
techniques, and more, Writing Better Fiction has something for
writers at every level.
- Dealing with the blank page
- Surface problems and story-worthy problems
- Understanding point of view
- Villains and conflict
- Writer's block
- Writing stronger scenes
- Effective dialogue
- Give your writing resonance with elemental tales
- Three steps to move from telling to showing
And much more.