Named for Napoleon Bonaparte, the town of Napoleon was platted in 1820, the second town in Ripley County, Indiana. Early in its history, Napoleon was a center of transportation and an important hub in the Underground Railroad. Berry's Trace, the Michigan Road and the Brookville/Napoleon Road connected the village to distant towns in Indiana as well as with the new state capitol in Indianapolis.
Other Books in the:
Ripley County History Series
Historic Travel Guide to Ripley County
A History of Indiana Libraries - Ripley County Edition
A History of Napoleon, Indiana
Indiana Fire Departments - Ripley County Edition