“Take courage, stand up! He is calling for you.” (Mark 10:49)
Original title: Miracles and Parables of Our Lord.
A deep, inspiring, and often challenging study of the Lord Jesus Christ's miracles and parables.
Men who were led by the hand or groped their way along the wall to reach Jesus were touched by his finger and went home without a guide, rejoicing that Jesus Christ had opened their eyes. Jesus is still able to perform such miracles. And, with the power of the Holy Spirit, his Word will be expounded and we’ll watch for the signs to follow, expecting to see them at once. Why shouldn’t those who read this be blessed with the light of heaven? This is my heart's inmost desire.
I can’t put fine words together. I’ve never studied speech. In fact, my heart loathes the very thought of intentionally speaking with fine words when souls are in danger of eternal punishment. No, I work to speak straight to your hearts and consciences, and if there is anyone with faith to receive, God will bless them with fresh revelation.
– Charles H. Spurgeon
In this eighth volume, Charles H. Spurgeon expounds on the healing of a blind man and the feeding of the five thousand.
List of Chapters
1. The Blind Beggar (Mark 10:46-52)
2. The Blind Man’s Earnest Cries (Mark 10:47-48)
3. Jesus Stops (Mark 10:49)
4. A Gospel Sermon to Outsiders (Mark 10:49)
5. The Soul’s Crisis (Luke 18:37)
6. Saving Faith (Luke 7:50; Luke 18:42)
7. Compassion for the Multitude (Matthew 14:17-18)
8. Jesus Knew What He Would Do (John 6:6)
9. The Boy's Loaves in the Lord’s Hands (John 6:11)
10. The Miracle of the Loaves (Mark 6:52)
11. Certain Curious Calculations about Loaves and Fish (Mark 8:18-21)
About the Author
Charles Haddon (C. H.) Spurgeon (1834-1892) was a British Baptist preacher. He started preaching at age 16, and quickly became famous. He is still known as the “Prince of Preachers,” and frequently had more than 10,000 people present to hear him preach at the Metropolitan Tabernacle in London. His sermons were printed in newspapers, translated into many languages, and published in many books.