**Finalist in the Wishing Shelf Book Awards and honourable mention at the Royal Dragonfly Book Awards**
Odysseus is the third book in the Early Myths collection, a series of children's picture books on Greek myth. Each book covers a character from mythology and brings the tale to life through illustrations and story-telling, with inspiration from ancient art and literature. The books are aimed at 4 to 10 year olds, are beautifully designed and easy to read.
Our picture book of Odysseus tells one of the greatest stories from Greek mythology. Our hero sails away to take part in a great Trojan War, but his success at the battle is followed by a wandering return as he comes across monsters, nymphs, gods and heroes. Learn about his adventures and his wish to rejoin his beloved family.
For teachers and parents, we have a notes section at the back, describing how our illustrations have been inspired by ancient Greek vase-painting, sculptures, and early literature. The kids don’t need to know this aspect to enjoy the tale, but the grown-ups can learn about how we have taken time and care to construct our book, using the early historical sources, rather than simply repeat a generic version of the myth.
Awards for our Early Myths collection:
- Perseus: bronze medal winner at the Moonbeam Children's Book Awards 2014
- Odysseus: honourable mention at the Royal Dragonfly Book Awards 2015
- Odysseus: finalist in the Wishing Shelf Book Awards 2015
- Atalanta: silver medal at the Moonbeam Children's Book Awards 2016
- Atalanta: honourable mention at Purple Dragonfly Book Awards 2016
- Atalanta: finalist at the Readers' Favorite Awards 2016
- Herakles: 1st prize for illustrations and 6+ picture book at the Dragonfly Books Awards 2017
- Herakles: gold award at the Royal Dragonfly Book Awards 2017
- Herakles: silver medalist in the Wishing Shelf Children’s Books Awards 2017
- Theseus: best illustrations at Purple Dragonfly Book Awards 2018
- Theseus: honourable Mention in Picture Books (5 and younger category) at the Purple Dragonfly Book Awards 2018
Customer ReviewsSee All
another hit from Early Myths
great to have a version of the Odyssey which I can read with my youngest kids- they love the sounds and the story is perfect.
everyone will get some fun from this- old and young!
myth and monsters
lots of monetrs and creatures for kids to enjoy.
this is a well constructed series with really old tales- perfect material for kids learning about myths for the first time.
I look forward to reading the next one!