Create four mobile apps and explore the world through photography and computer vision
About This Book
• Efficiently harness iOS and OpenCV to capture and process high-quality images at high speed
• Develop photographic apps and augmented reality apps quickly and easily
• Detect, recognize, and morph faces and objects
Who This Book Is For
If you want to do computational photography and computer vision on Apple's mobile devices, then this book is for you. No previous experience with app development or OpenCV is required. However, basic knowledge of C++ or Objective-C is recommended.
What You Will Learn
• Use Xcode and Interface Builder to develop iOS apps
• Obtain OpenCV's standard modules and build extra modules from source
• Control all the parameters of the iOS device's camera
• Capture, save, and share photos and videos
• Analyze colors, shapes, and textures in ordinary and specialized photographs
• Blend and compare images to create special photographic effects and augmented reality tools
• Detect faces and morph facial features
• Classify coins and other objects
iOS Application Development with OpenCV 3 enables you to turn your smartphone camera into an advanced tool for photography and computer vision. Using the highly optimized OpenCV library, you will process high-resolution images in real time. You will locate and classify objects, and create models of their geometry. As you develop photo and augmented reality apps, you will gain a general understanding of iOS frameworks and developer tools, plus a deeper understanding of the camera and image APIs.
After completing the book's four projects, you will be a well-rounded iOS developer with valuable experience in OpenCV.
Style and approach
The book is practical, creative, and precise. It shows you the steps to create and customize five projects that solve important problems for beginners in mobile app development and computer vision. Complete source code and numerous visual aids are included in each chapter. Experimentation is an important part of the book. You will use computer vision to explore the real world, and then you will refine the projects based on your findings.