Teachers at Mason County High School are changing from predominantly teacher led instruction to increased student engagement by providing blended learning opportunities through technology integration. Every student and teacher at Mason County High School was provided an iPad as a resource to enhance instruction. A result of the journey was the creation of an iPad 1:1 Integration Guide. The Integration Guide is a beneficial resource for any school considering an iPad 1:1 implementation. The iPad 1:1 Integration Guide was created using iBooks Author, available for download on iTunes University. Findings from the research are embedded into the 1:1 iPad digital integration guide. Chapters of the integration guide consist of the following:
• • Chapter 1 - Introduction. The iPad 1:1 Journey documented as a Case Study. Why make the transition to Next Generation Learning with an iPad 1:1?
• • Chapter 2 - Administrative Considerations. Planning, Collaboration, Cost Analysis, End User Device, and Implementation Considerations.
• • Chapter 3 - Instructional Components. Professional Development / Next Generation Learning, Delivery of Instruction, Content Delivery, iPad Resources and Educational Apps.
• • Chapter 4 - Technical Aspects. Cloud Based Computing, Network Infrastructure, Deployment / Mobile Device Management, Technical Assistance and Next Generation Classroom Equipment.
• • Chapter 5 - Student Impact. Data Analysis Method and Local Context, iPad Focus Groups, Motivated Strategies for Learning Questionnaire (MSLQ), Achievement and Cost Analysis.