The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus introduced several new features not seen in the iPhone 5S, such as predictive typing, interactive notifications, time lapse videos, and an entirely new operating system. This guide will introduce you to these new features, as well as iOS 8. The Guide to the iPhone 6 gives task-based instructions without using any technical jargon.
Learning which buttons perform which functions is useless unless you know how it will help you in your everyday use of the iPhone. Therefore, this guide will teach you how to perform the most common tasks. Instead of presenting arbitrary instructions in lengthy paragraphs, this book gives unambiguous, simple step-by-step procedures. Additionally, detailed screenshots help you to confirm that you are on the right track.
This Survival Guide also goes above and beyond to explain Secret Tips and Tricks to help you accomplish your day-to-day tasks much faster. If you get stuck, just refer to the Troubleshooting section to figure out and solve the problem.
What's New on the iPhone 6?
- Making a Call Over Wi-Fi (T-Mobile)
- Adding a Voice Message to a Text Conversation
- Viewing Recently Closed Safari Tabs
- Recording a Time-Lapse Video
- Recovering Deleted Photos
- New Accessibility Features
- Predictive Text
- Call Waiting in FaceTime
...and many more!
This guide also includes:
- Getting Started
- Making Calls
- Button Layout
- Navigating the Screens
- Using the Speakerphone During a Voice Call
- Staring a Conference Call
- Managing Your Contacts
- Text Messaging
- Adding Texted Phone Numbers to Contacts
- Copying, Cutting, and Pasting Text
- Sending Picture and Video Messages
- Using the Safari Web Browser
- Adding Bookmarks to the Home Screen
- Managing Photos and Videos
- Using the Email Application
- Viewing All Mail in One Inbox
- Managing Applications
- Setting Up an iTunes Account
- Sending an Application as a Gift
- Using iTunes to Download Applications
- Reading User Reviews
- Deleting an Application
- Reading an eBook on the iPhone
- How to download thousands of free eBooks
- Adjusting the Settings
- Turning On Voiceover
- Turning Vibration On and Off
- Setting Alert Sounds
- Changing the Wallpaper
- Setting a Passcode Lock
- Changing Keyboard Settings
- Changing Photo Settings
- Turning Bluetooth On and Off
- Turning Wi-Fi On and Off
- Turning Airplane Mode On and Off
- Tips and Tricks
- Using the Voice Control Feature
- Maximizing Battery Life
- Taking a Screenshot
- Scrolling to the Top of a Screen
- Saving Images While Browsing the Internet
- Deleting Recently Typed Characters
- Resetting Your iPhone
- List of iPhone-friendly websites that save you time typing in long URL addresses
Great Getting Started Guide
This is an excellent reference tool and how-to manual. I was looking for a really simple handbook that didn't contain paragraph after paragraph of information that I didn't want to read, such as the history of the iPhone.
What I needed was a book for getting started with the iPhone 6, and this book is exactly that.
This is a very helpful book for the iPhone 6 plus. Lots of illustration so you can see what to do as I needed help in understanding my new iPhone 6 plus and this was perfect. THANKS to the author for making a nice helpful book.