Fundamentals of User Interface Design
An All-Encompassing Look at UI Design
From creating icons to providing user support, iPhone Blueprints covers the start to finish of user interface design. The chapters are rich with interactive examples and resources that demonstrate overarching principles for creating effective interfaces.
The contents of the book include:
• Introduction - The Importance of UI Design
• Presentation - Design is Not an Afterthought
• Traditional & Experimental UI - When to Break the Rules
• The Use Case - Understanding Your Users
• Navigation - Getting from A to B and/or C
• UI Minimalism - Creating an Intuitive Experience
• Distress Calls - Help Screens & Other Hand Holding Techniques
• Moving Forward - Making Revisions and Updates
• Conclusion - Saying Thank You and Goodbye
Also included in the book are in-depth case studies that use real apps to illustrate the concepts discussed in each chapter. Whether you are new to UI design or have been a professional for years, this book offers lessons and concepts that can benefit your users and products.
Very, very impressed.
I'm not even half way through the book and I just had to stop to come back and write a review. I'm very impressed. It all makes perfect sense. The book is very well laid out and is feature-rich with content. Very interactive. It's great and it looks great. It's nice to see what Scott takes about with good UI and UX design is carried over into the design of the book; evident that he knows what he's talking about, and practices what he preaches.
Awesome, thanks for this so useful book
Thank you for writing this book!
This is a very good book to read in 2020, where the whole iOS app community are fully affected by the flat ugly design. So many important design principles were removed in iOS 7.
I just hope the beautiful UI design will come back sooner again!