Give your child the gift of natural health
When your children are sick or injured, you want them to feel better -- fast. Although in some cases there is no substitute for traditional medical care, prescription drugs are not always the best answer. Countless parents are discovering that natural, health-promoting substances can often be both safer and more effective. Now, a master herbalist with more than twenty-five years of experience who is also a mother of two shares her natural approach to wellness. Inside you'll find easy holistic therapies for common childhood injuries and ailments, and learn:
• how a banana can remove a splinter
• which herbs help reduce fever
• how an onion helps both bruises and earaches
• why garlic is nature's antibiotic
• how a spritz of rosemary hair juice prevents lice
• why peppermint tea relieves both headaches and stomachaches
• how gargling with lemon juice and table salt can ease a sore throat
• why ginger root can ease motion sickness
• and many other intelligent uses of foods and therapeutic plants -- nature's own medicine -- to alleviate discomforts.
Best of all, this invaluable reference stresses and approach that helps you teach you children the benefits of proventing illness -- not just treating it.