Life with a child with autism can be challenging, exhausting, and - ultimately - very rewarding. For parents, even daily activities like getting dressed or grocery shopping can become daunting exercises. Children with autism require special strategies, and parents must learn how to think with their child instead of against him.
This comprehensive guide offers practical advice, reassurances, and real-life scenarios to help families get through each day. You'll discover how to:
• Communicate effectively with their child
• Find a school that meets their child's needs
• Handle meltdowns in public or private
• Learn about assistive devices
• Find intervention and support groups
Full of useful information, expert advice, and positive techniques, this guide is the valuable tool you and your family need to make the most of every day - one interaction at a time!