The definitive handbook to raising vegan children you’ve always wished you had.
Is bringing up a vegan baby unhealthy? The Smart Parent's Guide to Raising Vegan Kids is the ultimate vegan parenting manifesto that takes on this myth and answers all the other questions you’ve always wondered about—the vegan way. Raising ethically vegan children, in fact, lays the groundwork for a lifetime of excellent health for your child, the animals, and the planet.
Eric C. Lindstrom is in the position to know. Having raised one child on the Standard American Diet (SAD) and four other children on a vegan lifestyle, and being a mid-life vegan convert himself, Lindstrom learned through experience. In this practical and tongue-in-cheek guide, Lindstrom dishes the real talk and shares the unique challenges vegans face when starting their children from scratch, providing advice, tips, and tricks on how to raise compassionate, vegan children in all areas of life.
• Get your kids to eat vegetables (when it’s all they eat anyway)
• Teach your children compassion with visits to sanctuaries instead of zoos
• Get advice for dealing with nonvegan social situations
• Plan for birthday parties and holiday events
• Find tips for travel and road trips with the family
• Get access to resources, such as an A to Z of vegan recipes, movies, books, and websites
• And more!
Both informative and hilarious, including expert advice from the world’s leading plant-based physicians and fun recipes for your little vegans, The Smart Parent's Guide to Raising Vegan Kids is the guide every vegan parent who chooses to bring their kids up in a compassionate, sustainable world.