In todayÆs market, many property owners find themselves first-time landlords for a variety of reasons. Some homeowners turn to renting when they canÆt sell a house. Empty nesters may consider making money on their extra space. And buyers might look into the revenue-producing idea of purchasing a multi-family home. Whatever the reasons for becoming a landlord, itÆs often a challenging role.
This guide helps new and experienced landlords alike:
• Find (and keep!) responsible tenants
• Determine legal liabilities for landlords and tenants
• Market, show, and profit from rental property
• Handle repairs and general maintenance
• Handling of evictions properly
Featuring expert advice and money-saving tips, this step-by-step book helps you earn maximum profitùwith minimum hassle.
New in this edition:
• Finding the right mortgage
• Using home equity loans for renovations and repairs
• Updated information on evictions and legal issues