With nearly 6 million adult vegetarians in the United States, a push toward a leaner, greener, healthier lifestyle is happening everywhere. Whether their reasons are moral, economic, or health-related, people all over the country--and the world--are making the switch to vegetarianism. In this book, you discover:
• Easy ways to get essential nutrition like protein and iron
• Where to buy fresh, high-quality produce without breaking the bank
• Cooking tips and techniques for a vegetarian kitchen, such as how to prepare tofu
• Delicious vegetarian recipes for every meal of the day, including choices kids will love
• The real difference between vegetarian and vegan
A vegetarian lifestyle doesn't have to be restrictive; with the help of this book it can be liberating and satisfying! The key is the right information and recipes so you can say goodbye to meat and hello to a fresh, new life.