Did you know that Did You Know? is full of bite-sized tidbits of absorbing information just for kids? You do now! It’s also loaded with tons of funny illustrations. And in true Uncle John style, there are lots of surprises to be discovered in these 252 pages! To make it easier for kids to navigate, the book is divided into fun categories covering a wide range of topics—from Antarctica to zebras to nearly everything in between. Here are a few of the facts sure to amaze kids both big and little:
* Listening to music is good for digestion.
* The word cash originally referred to a money box.
* By 2040, robots may become as intelligent as people.
* Grasshoppers hear with the fronts of their knees.
* Reebok shoes are named after a type of African gazelle.
* 11,111,111 X 11,111,111 = 123,456,787,654,321.
* In almost every language on Earth, the word for mother begins with the letter “m.”
* The word hiccup appears once in the works of William Shakespeare.
* Scientists have revived bacteria that were dormant for 250 million years.
* If you’re floating in space and you fart, it will generate enough force to propel you forward.
And hundreds more facts just like these!