Optimize the powerful techniques of Java 9 to boost your application's performance
About This Book
• Tackle all kinds of performance-related issues and streamline your development
• Dive into the new features of Java 9
• Implement highly efficient and reliable codes with the help of new APIs of Java
• Embedded with assessments that will help you revise the concepts you have learned in this book
Who This Book Is For
This book is targeted at developers who would like to build reliable and high-performance applications with Java.
What You Will Learn
• Familiarize with modular development and its impact on performance
• Learn various string-related performance improvements, including compact string and modify string concatenation
• Explore various underlying compiler improvements, such as tiered attribution and Ahead-of-Time (AOT) compilation
• Learn security manager improvements
• Understand enhancements in graphics rasterizers
• Use of command-line tools to speed up application development
• Learn how to implement multithreading and reactive programming
• Build microservices in Java 9
• Implement APIs to improve application code
Java 9 which is one of the most popular application development languages. The latest released version Java 9 comes with a host of new features and new APIs with lots of ready to use components to build efficient and scalable applications. Streams, parallel and asynchronous processing, multithreading, JSON support, reactive programming, and microservices comprise the hallmark of modern programming and are now fully integrated into the JDK.
This book focuses on providing quick, practical solutions to enhance your application's performance. You will explore the new features, APIs, and various tools added in Java 9 that help to speed up the development process. You will learn about jshell, Ahead-of-Time (AOT) compilation, and the basic threads related topics including sizing and synchronization. You will also explore various strategies for building microservices including container-less, self-contained, and in-container.
This book is ideal for developers who would like to build reliable and high-performance applications with Java.
This book is embedded with useful assessments that will help you revise the concepts you have learned in this book.
Style and approach
This book is a fast-paced guide that provides practical solutions to enhance your application's performance.
Note: This book is a blend of text and quizzes, all packaged up keeping your journey in mind. It includes content from the following Packt product:
• Java 9 High Performance by Mayur Ramgir and Nick Samoylov