This textbook is the first edition of Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation. For the latest edition of the textbook go to Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation (Second Edition 2018), ISBN 1-59471-628-5.
The Paschal Mystery of Christ's Cross and Resurrection stand at the center of the Good News. In Jesus Christ: Source of Our Salvation, students explore in greater depth the saving actions of the Lord. This text unpacks and studies in depth the meaning of God's sacred and mysterious plan from creation, onwards to the consequences and the promises of a Savior, while ultimately focusing on the Life, Passion, Death, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Each chapter includes several special features:
• Panel activities that help the students foster total learning in hands (service), hearts (prayer), and mind (academic challenges).
• Review questions for each main section.
• Several Journal Assignments for deeper thought and reflection.
• Key vocabulary terms set off in margin panels.
• A Learn by Doing project for each chapter that provides a longer-term assignment.
• A Called to Prayer feature offering text from a prayer relevant to the chapter theme.
NEW features that enhance this text:
• A "Chapter Quick View" feature with page references that allow students to scan the chapter for main points.
• In-text glossary definitions with a variety of activities to help students learn key terms.
• Several "Primary Source Quotations" from the words of saints, Church Fathers, and the Church documents.
• Many "Ongoing Assignments" for each chapter that can be assigned as long-term projects, extra credit, and follow-up to the lessons learned.
• A prayer experience and reflection for each chapter.
This text was written in accordance with the U.S. Bishops' Curriculum Framework and follows Course III: The Mission of Jesus Christ.
(© 2011) The Subcommittee on the Catechism, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, has found that this catechetical high school text is in conformity with the Catechism of the Catholic Church and fulfills the requirements of Course III of the Doctrinal Elements of a Curriculum Framework for the Development of Catechetical Materials for Young People of High School Age.
Customer ReviewsSee All
Nice, stayed very very close to the real book
The pages are pretty much the same. Nice way to save on textbooks for school.
cant open it
im not able to open it on my macbook air