For Mowgli movie fans, the must-have companion to The Jungle Book!
Children all around the world are fascinated by the animal kingdom, and that’s what makes the Just So Stories a perennial classic… Elephants, kangaroos, cats, leopards, and more. This complete volume of Rudyard Kipling’s masterpiece includes all 12 original stories:
• How the Whale Got His Throat
• How the Camel Got His Hump
• How the Rhinoceros Got His Skin
• How the Leopard Got His Spots
• The Elephant’s Child
• The Sing-Song of Old Man Kangaroo
• The Beginning of the Armadillos
• How the First Letter was Written
• How the Alphabet was Made
• The Crab that Played with the Sea
• The Cat that Walked by Himself
• The Butterfly that Stamped
Kipling first entertained his own children with these delightful and humorous tales before deciding to write them down for publication. The parables are written in the form of what came to be known as “why” stories, each explaining how and why certain things came to be as they are.
In addition to these clever fables, this volume features thirteen full-color illustrations and more than thirty black-and-white illustrations by J. M. Gleeson and Paul Bransom, as well as several images created by Kipling himself. With their entertaining characters and well-executed narrative arcs, the Just So Stories are perfect for readers both young and old—to read separately and, more importantly, together.